Monday, May 2, 2011

Long time no blog.

It has been a while since I've been on here.  Not much has happened though.  Pretty boring around our house.  Just a lot of medical talk, alumni events and poop scoopin'.  I went to the MVC tournament in St. Louis at the beginning of March--the alumni department co-hosts the hospitality room at Union Station for Bears fans.  I was up there for 5 days and they couldn't even win the tournament!  Will has been doing his clinical rotations and is currently finishing up his 3rd (only 5 more to go--woo hoo!). 

I gave Waffles and Grover a haircut. 





Waffles has a ridiculous underbite.

We also got Grover fixed.  Doesn't he look pathetic?  I couldn't bring myself to put him in a cone of shame so I just tried to keep him from licking it.  I should have bought the cone though--he ended up licking himself raw!  He's MUCH better now but those first few days after the surgery were bad.


We went to mom's for easter dinner and the dogs got to lick the pork roast pan.  The furry dog in the center is my little 7 lb., 16 year old pomeranian, Barsuk!!  It was freakin' hilarious!  Sukie stood in the middle of the pan and licked and licked and licked and the other dogs were licking the outside of the pan so hard that they were turning the pan (and Barsuk) in circles.  I love my Sukie.

At the end of March, my Aunt Pam (who lives in Arizona) passed away unexpectedly.  My mom, grandma and Aunt Sheila all headed out to AZ for the funeral.  They stopped along the way in Midland, TX to pick up my Uncles Todd and Jeff and my cousin, Perry.  I took some pictures on my mom's camera today and brought it home with me to get my pictures off the card and found these pictures from their trip.

Mom and my cousin, Ellary's little boy, Bodie Huck Smith.  Bodie was in the hospital for quite a while after he was born.  He was born with (as Ellie would say) his 'guts on the outside'.  He was a sick little guy.  But now he is all better and skinkin' adorable.  Can't wait to meet him!

Bodie and Bodie's daddy, Blaine.

I asked mom about these and she said that she told Perry to take some pictures and this is what he took pictures of.  And, yes.  He totally looks like a Mexican drug dealer.  We are all very aware of this.  Mom thought they were for sure going to take him when they got stopped by border patrol.  They didn't.  But that sure would have been funny!


Uncle Todd, mom, Aunt Sheila, Perry, Grandma, and Rush Limbaugh after the funeral--and the guy in the back with the yellow and black shirt on is the guy my mom should have married instead of my dad.  His name is Bob and he likes NASCAR.  Wait.  Nevermind.  I don't know what I would do if I had to watch even one NASCAR race.  Also, that really isn't Rush Limbaugh.  I know that because my grandma would never have her arm around Rush and also because that is my Uncle Jeff.  Unfortunately, he also ACTS like Rush.

Hehe.  Mom said she was spitting spit wads in his mouth.  Guess you had to have something to do to pass the time.

Ellie and Bodie.



I asked mom if she happened to get any picture of the Baxters (Pam's family) while they were out there.  Nope.  She FORGOT.  She sure as hell didn't 'forget' to take 50 (i swear) pictures of these...
Seriously.  And she couldn't even roll down the window to do it!!  Good grief, mom!

Oh yeah.  I also got my wedding dress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Vera Wang, bitches!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails